Thinking out loud and in public . . .

Sunday, May 27, 2007

COMMENCMENT SPEACHES


I watched, listened to two of them today, the first by John Edwards and just now one by Hillary Clinton.

Edwards spent most of the time TELLING the graduates what they MUST do as citizens of the world now that they belonged to it as fully prepared adults. Clinton spent the time praising the graduates for their accomplishments and making a detailed plan for the recovery of New Orleans. So How would you feel if you were lectured about your responsibilities, rather than praised for your hard work, courage and accomplishments?

I visited the Guiliani speech a couple of times but he wasn't making sense and I couldn't stand him. Maybe I should learn to spell his name correctly but I hope I don't have to have that much contact with it.

I'm taking a strong position in whom I will support for president and if you haven't guessed already, It's Hillary Clinton from the get-go. . . not only because she is a woman but because she is better qualified than anyone else in the field.

I find her very likable and wonder where the reputation for her negative impact came from. She's outgrown the mistakes she made as a beginning "first lady" way back when. She is able to work in the senate with people, colleagues of all persuasions. I believe her to be sincere, that she has LEARNED how better to accomplish her goals and I think she should get credit for this accomplishment. It couldn't have been easy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bev Sykes said...

I'm with you on this one. I hope enough other people are as well.

Monday, 27 August, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home